About IC-METH, 2019
Karakoram International University Gilgit (KIU) has planned an International Conference on Mountaineering, Eco-tourism &Hospitality (IC-METH) in the last week of June, 2019 at KIU Hunza Campus. KIU Hunza Campus is a sub-Campus of Karakoram International University, located in Karim Abad Hunza; an international tourist destination bejeweled in the scenic and lofty mountains with unique culture. The conference will last for three days. The objectives of this conference are as under:
- To provide a platform for the academicians, researchers and practitioners of mountaineering, eco-tourism and hospitality to meet and share their views and experiences in their relevant fields.
- To figure out opportunities and challenges in promoting sustainable mountaineering, eco-tourism and hospitality in the country in general and Gilgit-Baltistan in particular and hence make concrete recommendations to develop tourism industry in the country .
- Bring to the lime light the natural and cultural heritage of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- To identify excellent profitable eco-tourism projects that would deliver positive benefits to local communities.
- To introduce applications of web-based marketing tools in mountaineering, tourism and hospitality industry.